Learning Social & Emotions Skills – Q Wunder

Getting ready for school

Checklists typically look like the following: ABC’s, numbers, spelling their own name…

But wait, isn’t there something missing from this list?

Social and Emotional skills are often overlooked when preparing our children.  We strive to teach them to sing their ABC’s. How to count numbers….but what about dealing with being interrupted?  What manners are and how to use them? How to look someone in the eye and pay attention? Have your children started to grasp and master these critical social cues?

Q Wunder, the new and amazing app (available on Android and Apple devices), allows you to help your children discover and unlock all the tools they need to being ready for school and life success.

Q Wunder helps teach:

• Emotions
  • Manners
  • Motivation
  • Self Awareness
  • Problem Solving
  • Grit
  • Focus
  • Flexability
  • Responsibility
  • Friendship
  • Helping

Using custom designed videos and games, your children will discover real life situations and how to appropriately handle them.  The children can navigate through the app by clicking on the word of the category they wish to learn and play with.

Kids love to watch videos! TV shows, YouTube Videos, Music Videos, Singalongs….this is a very attention getting form of media for children, which is why Q Wunder ran with the video aspect.  Showing kids, through example and song, allows them to remain interested and engaged.

There are 3 main aspects of the app: videos, games and “do” actions

Videos: watch dozens of videos for examples of situations and how to handle them

Games: games that help them work on things like emotions, patience, manners, helping, flexibility

“DO” Cards: Practice facial expressions and other physically activities (like balancing on one foot / crab walking / lunge steps)

Parents Section

Keep an eye on what parts of the app your child is playing in. Look at the Training breakdown section for a graph and percentage chart to help you see where you child has been in the app. If they are playing heavily in once area ask them why. Try encouraging them to watch a new video in a new section with you. This will help them become not only more opened to new things but they will enjoy that you are sitting with them, also watching along. This “shoulder time” is important to small kids. It shows them that you, their parent, care about what they are doing and that you enjoy being with them.

Q Time Board Game – Race to the Top

The Fox kids love to play Race to the Top, the board game by Q Wunder. Using small Q monkey game pieces, move along the board to the top of the tree house. Each roll, as you land on a color square, it will determine which type of card you pull.  “DO” card have you preform physical acts to improve coordination and balance. “Q” Cards help with manners and social skills. “YOU” card help boost emotional intelligence skills with fun questions about you.

Q Time Buddy

Q, the stuffed animal, is a weighted doll for extra calming comfort. “Q-Time” with Q goes like this:

1. Lie down and place the “Q Time Buddy” on your belly.
  2. Count 1, 2, 3 in your head as you breathe in and watch Q go up.
  3. Count 3, 2, 1 in your head as you breathe out and watch Q do down.
  4. Block out distracting noises and thoughts be bringing your focus back to this simple breathing exercise.

Having been playing out game for a few weeks, the Fox kids love Q and think he is a fun stuffy to bring along on their daily adventures.

Q’s Race to the Top On-The-Go-Pack

When you are on the run, at a restaurant, have a long car trip or plane ride, bring along the travel version of Q’s Race to the Top.

This set comes with the same questions that are found in the game, but in a convenient little travel tin to store them neatly.

Connect with Q Wunder

Facebook                    Twitter                    Pinterest                    YouTube                    Instagram

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

19 Comments

• Reply robin rue

This sounds like a wonderful app! I have 14 nieces and nephews under the age of 5, so I have to share this with all my sisters in law!!

June 4, 2018 at 6:53 am
  • Reply Mitch

This looks like a great way to teach our kids skills other than math and English! We tend to not think about social and emotional behaviors and reactions as skill based, but it is a great way for us to guide our kids when we do realize that!

June 4, 2018 at 9:23 am
  • Reply Alli Smith

Social and emotions are often overlooked when preparing a child for school. This is a great app to help kids work on their social skills.

June 4, 2018 at 10:13 am
  • Reply Bella

This game sounds so good for kids, I would even love to try this. I will have to share this with my two cousin who have little ones. One is a teacher she would love this.

June 4, 2018 at 11:38 am
  • Reply Heather

These are wonderful. You know I just recently had an issue with my nine year old and making eye contact with an adult trying to talk to him. I was like, “dude an adult is asking you a question, stop playing with that balloon and make eye contact!” Social and emotional skills are so important and its a process because not everything is learned at the same time.

June 4, 2018 at 5:54 pm
  • Reply Krystal Miller

This looks like a great program. I need to look into it for my kids – I think it would help alot!

June 4, 2018 at 6:23 pm
  • Reply Reesa Lewandowski

This sounds like a wonderful app and game! I would love to do this with both of my kids!

June 4, 2018 at 8:21 pm
  • Reply Terri

This sounds one a great app. I used to do school screenings as a principal and this is an area where ma y students weren’t ready yet.

June 4, 2018 at 8:57 pm
  • Reply Kita Bryant

This is going to change the lives of many children. Some kids have such a thick shell they need break thought!

June 4, 2018 at 9:40 pm
  • Reply Lisa

This sounds like a great app. Our little Quincy will be attending school at the beginning of September and I believe this app would really help him. Can’t wait to share with my daughter. Quincy could use a little help with his emotional skills!

June 4, 2018 at 9:48 pm
  • Reply Karen Morse

Sounds like a very good app for the kids. I love apps like this that kids can really learn from, it’s safe and helpful.

June 5, 2018 at 1:16 am
  • Reply Cathy M

That is so true! Wunder sounds like an incredible app to focus on social and emotional skills. Kids have such a more sophisticated advantage over how we were brought up.

June 5, 2018 at 2:40 am
  • Reply Vyjay Rao

Yes indeed one of the aspect that often gets ignored in the teaching of kids are the social and emotional aspects. This is so important for them to face the world. The Wunder app seems to be a step in the right direction.

June 5, 2018 at 3:20 am
  • Reply Alison Rost

Perfect for teaching the kids those much needed skills to help prepare them for school. I love that this is easy to understand and it’s definitely loads of fun as well. Children can really benefit from this!

June 5, 2018 at 5:09 am
  • Reply Bradley C Finnearty

Help in teaching children social skills is something that could not hurt for sure. This could be something that would be great for parents today.

June 5, 2018 at 8:36 am
  • Reply Anosa Malanga

Never heard of this yet. Although I am not yet a mother, I guess this one is worth sharing especially for the new moms and expectant moms. Great way to let their kids learn and having fun at the same time.

June 5, 2018 at 9:02 am
  • Reply BONNIE GOWEN

This game looks super cute. I think my younger kiddos would love playing this.

June 5, 2018 at 11:01 am
  • Reply Amy h

This is quite an interesting App/Game. Having a toddler myself, I know how important it is to teach her manners.

June 5, 2018 at 2:00 pm
  • Reply Jeanine

This looks and sounds awesome. I would love to do this with all my kiddos. Looks like a great way to learn for them.

June 5, 2018 at 9:20 pm