Having a garage in your home is one of those things that we put up with and don’t really bother to do anything about, but it is important to keep your garage organized and clean to avoid the clutter and make it easier for you to find what you need. One of the most important things in a garage is having the right organization system.
If you’re not sure what to do with your garage, you have come to the right place. Because we’re going to make sure that you keep things organized. For starters, you need to make sure that it’s in good working order. So go ahead and do any garage door repairs or repairs to the walls first. Then we can start organizing.
1. Use Storage Boxes to Organize Your Garage
There are two types of storage boxes that you can use in your garage – full-sized and cube-shaped. You can also use these boxes for other purposes like office supplies and crafts.
Cube-shaped storage boxes can be used to organize different items – tools, gardening equipment, bicycles etc. Full-sized storage boxes are mostly used to store and organize furniture and other larger items. So pick out which you need to get started.
2. Store Valuable Items in the Attic of Your Garage
An attic storage box is a must-have for people with limited space. A smaller one can be easily stored in the garage or you can make a bigger one to store valuables. Whether you want to use your attic as an emergency backup location, or just need some additional storage, this can work for you.
There are potential uses of an attic storage box that are more specific to certain types of people. These include kids, parents, and college students. So think about whether this is a great location for you or not.
3. Store Lawn Equipment in the Garage
Lawn equipment should be stored in the garage to avoid complications. If you use your garage as a work space, then it is important that you know how to store the instruments safely. You’ll want to be able to access them easily but also keep things neat.
If you have some sort of closet in the garage, this could be a great place for your garden machinery. Otherwise, placing hooks on the wall could also be a great option.
4. Tips & Tricks That Will Keep The Clutter At Bay
If you have a garage that is too cluttered for you to find anything, then this is how to declutter and keep your home safe and tidy.
– Use hanging hooks for cabinets
– Hang up shelves on the walls
– Hang up hooks within reach of each other
– Put all of the hangers together in one place
– Divide large items using clear shoe boxes or bins
– Store seasonal clothing in a chest of drawers
– Donate unwanted items through Goodwill or sell them online
– Keep trash bags in the trunk of the car so they’re easy to grab on the go