Given that we are living in the middle of a pandemic right now, there’s a good reason that so many people are renovating their homes right now. These four walls of our living rooms? We’ve been staring at them for months and the time for change is right now. Your living room doesn’t necessarily need a full overhaul, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t redecorate the space and make it look amazing. We all need a change sometimes, and if yours is lacking that little something-something, then you need to make a change.
Below, we’ve put together some of the best ways you can give your living room those finishing touches it’s missing. So, whether you are sprucing it all up or you’re starting the room over, check out our five ways to get the living room finished.
- Add Nature. Greenery and flowers are always going to brighten up the living room and when you choose potted plants, you are purifying the air as much as making it look beautiful. There are certain species of pot plants that act as mood boosters, too, and if you’re convinced you’ll kill the plants, you can go for fake plants instead. They have the same qualities for prettying up the place, but they will live and live as long as you dust them! If you forget to dust the plants, you’re going to be breathing in the dust – and that’s not good for you!
- Consider The Lighting. Is your living room a dark space or is it well-lit? If you invest in a Sogni Di Cristallo chandelier, you can add some luxury to your living room and make it look luxurious all at once. Lighting with lamps can add to the mood, too, and you can even have a dimmer switch installed so that no matter the ceiling light you have, it’ll be an ambient space.
- Choose A Smell. Yes, living rooms deserve to be pampered and one of the finishing touches you can add can include a new scent. So, whatever your favorite scent is, make sure that you choose a diffuser or scented candle in that specific smell. You’ll add an uplifting touch to the room and every time you’ll walk into the room, it’ll make you smile.
- Add Artwork. Those big blank spaces on the walls need a little personality added to them, and with the right prints you can ensure that you bring a little something beautiful to the room. Hang your pieces at eye level as much as you can, so it’s not too high up the walls and not too low. You can then choose pieces that will make the space look pretty!
- Dress The Windows. Another great way to ensure that you can add something unfinished to the space is to add window dressings. Curtains, blinds and a valance across the top of the window can make the entire room look welcoming. Make sure that you hang the valance close to the ceiling, though, as this can add some depth to the space!