Have you ever considered investing in a pressure cooker? I spent a lot of time looking at electric pressure cooker reviews, they are pretty cool yet a tad intimidating when you have never used one before. I have discovered the Kuhn Rikon Microwave Pressure Cooker and it has taken away all reservations. Their Microwave Pressure Cooker is easy to use, easy to clean and works with your average microwave. Taking up no counter space and easy to use, this machine is perfect for the average home cook.
Kuhn Rikon is one of MamatheFox’s favorite brands. The products are always the highest quality possible, their service is stellar and every product has the average home cook in mind. This Microwave Pressure Cooker is no exception. It comes with a lovely booklet with tons of recipes ranging from breakfast, dinner meals (both meat and vegetarian based), soups and desserts. The unit comes with the DURMATIC Micro base, a lid, a silicone gasket and a bottom trivet.
This model can create dishes that feed 4 people, which makes it the perfect tool for any family.
Tips for using the DUROMATIC Micro Pressure Cooker:
- Before your first use, be sure to clean all parts with warm, soapy water.
- Never fill past the water line (see MAX marker inside unit).
- Make sure you always add enough water (see inside of unit for MIN water marker).
- Make sure the silicon gasket is inside the lid and that it lays flat inside the groove but just below the stopper.
- Be sure the lid is aligned with the marker lines on the side handles. Turn it until it stops turning.
- Always use the handles when picking up the unit.
- Use oven mitts when handling the unit when hot.
- NEVER use force to open the pressure cooker.
Understanding the pressure gauge:
- When the pressure gauge is raised (popped up), the cooker is under pressure and MUST NOT be opened.
- During cooking the extra pressure is released via this valve, which is why it is very important to pay attention to it.
The DUROMATIC Micro pressure cooker is used for cooking foods, with the addition of water, in the microwave
The DUROMATIC comes in 2 colors: Red or Green
Connect with Kuhn Rikon
MamatheFox’s Tips and Advice
- Always be sure to have enough liquid in the pressure cooker. This can cause damage to the pressure cooker and not properly cook your food.
- I love using it as a steamer for my veggies, and so do my kids. They love added their food, the water and getting to place it in the microwave themselves. Makes cooking easy and safe for kids (parents always handle the pressure cooker when hot).
- Use it to make noodles in a flash! Add your noodles and ample water and let the micro pressure cooker handle the boiling and cooking. This is WAY faster than waiting for water to boil and gets your hungry kids fed faster.
- Have fun and experiment with different recipes. Look for more on the internet and enjoy.