This is one of my husband’s favorite recipes I have created. I typically use an all beef mixture. You can use the normal beef/pork/veal mixture or any combination. Just a warning – if you use the all beef mixture it will be heavy and dense! We like this version occasionally but others might not like how heavy and thick it is. This is a personal preference. Please choose your meat accordingly.
- 1.5 lb beef (or any meatloaf combo you like)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 bag of shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 can (rinsed) black beans
- 1 taco season package
1. Whisk your eggs.
2. Mix egg and breadcrumbs with meat mixture.
3. Add in taco seasoning, salt, pepper and can of rinsed black beans.
5. Gently fold in 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese.
6. Place mixture into a greased loaf pan
7. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top.
8. Cook at 375 for 45-60 minutes. Times will vary based on your meat mixture and oven.
9. Serve with taco toppings you and your family love.
Sour cream, green onions, taco sauce, can of Rotel, Spanish rice, refried beans, black olives, hot peppers, salsa.