Welcome to the Old School Giveaway Hop
Animal Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition: 2,500 Animals with Photos, Maps and More! (ages 8-12, hardcover, $24.99)
Discover the thousands of animals that call Earth home in this big and beautiful edition of National Geographic’s best-selling Animal Encyclopedia. Updated and reviewed by experts in the field for the most accurate, up-to-date information, this comprehensive reference features 2,500 species, 1,000 stunning photos, and more than a dozen engaging maps. Jam-packed with info about animal homes and habitats, migration, life cycles and babies, the book also contains new, exclusive “From the Field” reports highlighting National Geographic explorers working around the world to study and protect every kind of animal, from giraffes to penguins and sharks to snails. Perfect for reading for fun, researching for school, or for use in the classroom, Animal Encyclopedia provides an excellent overview of the diversity of animals that live on this planet and why each one is so unique in its own way.
Treasury of Greek Mythology: Classic Stories of Gods, Goddesses, Heroes and Monsters by Donna Jo Napoli, art by Chritina Balit (ages 8-12, hard cover, $24.95)
* A School Library Journal Best Book * Eureka! Silver Honor Book
* A Capitol Choices Selection of Noteworthy Titles for Children and Teens * An ALSC Notable
Is your child learning about Greek mythology this year? Give them a leg up with the beautifully written and lushly illustrated National Geographic Treasury of Greek Mythology that offers timeless tales of gods and goddesses such as Zeus, Aphrodite, Apollo, and Athena and heroes and monsters such as Helen of Troy, Perseus, and Medusa. National Geographic completes the book with embellishments of each story: sidebars for each god, goddess, hero, and monster link the myths to constellations, geography, history, and culture to help young readers connect the stories to real life events, people, and places. A family tree and a “cast of characters” profile page help make relationships between the characters clear, and a mapping feature adds to the fun and fascination.
5,000 Awesome Facts (About Everything!) (ages 8-12, hardcover, $19.99)
Shake off the summer brain “fog” with this Amazon bestseller that is a treasure trove of high-interest, fascinating facts. Who knew that there were so many sweet things to learn about chocolate or that a dozen delicious details about peanut butter would show up on a page with a few splotches of jelly to whet our appetites? Keep turning the pages and a terrifyingly toothy shark tells you all about himself, while other spreads lay out tons of tips on toys, inventions, mysteries of history, robots, reptiles, sports, spies, wacky words, and much more.
NG Kids Almanac 2023 (ages 8-12, paperback, $15.99)
* The #1 selling kids almanac on the planet * A New York Times Bestseller
Get ready for 2023 with all the latest and greatest information on animals, science, nature, technology, conservation, and more in this biggest edition ever. This new edition features:
- BONUS SECTION: 20 Things to Make You Happy
- NEW trends and news for the year ahead
- NEW photo feature showcasing wonders from around the world
- NEW Almanac Challenge, plus the results of the 2022 Almanac Challenge
- NEW incredible animal stories
- NEW weird-but-true facts
- NEW amazing inventions
- NEW interviews with National Geographic Explorers
- NEW games, activities, jokes, and comics
- UPDATED reference material — including fast facts and maps of every country — and helpful homework help tipsWhether you’re looking for homework help, want to learn more about another country, or just need a cute animal fix, the National Geographic Kids Almanac 2023 has you covered.
Enter for your chance to win a pack of back to school books
from National Geographic Kids
MamatheFox and all participating blogs are not held responsible for sponsors who fail to fulfill their prize obligations.