Our kids grew up – and so should their car seats.
Safety is at the top of my priority list when it comes to a car seat for my kids. I really wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to them if we were in a car accident (touch wood it never does happen though). All I want to care about is getting the right car accident lawyers, with the knowledge that everyone is safe and alive at least. Furthermore, taking precautions incase something awful was to happen is equally important. My baby has a good car seat and I know everything about life insurance and long term disability insurance, so that in the event of an accident, I know what my first move should be. It’s important to protect everyone in the car and insurance is the best way to protect myself as a parent. What’s more – a good car insurance policy will also cover your child’s car seat. If you were to be in an accident, your insurance company will pay to replace the damaged car seat.
Now that my 5 year old is getting taller, starting to weigh more and has stronger bones…we know that she is still a small child in the big picture of things. After my best friend bought an isofix car seat, I’ve been on the hunt for a car seat too.
I fully believe in staying in a 5 point harness as long as possible. It is safer, hands down. I’d hate for anything bad to happen. I know car accidents do happen, that’s why it’s so easy to get yourself a lawyer who specializes in law (for example, you could use someone like Batta Fulkerson). However, I would much prefer to not have a car accident (and I’m assume everyone else is thinking the same).
After looking around I saw that it was an option for her to move to a booster based on her weight (45 lbs) but I know in my heart of hearts it is not the time for her to move to a booster and seat belt only restraint. I know she wants to feel like a big kid, look like she is in a booster, but I want her strapped in safely. This is where is Diono rXT all-in-one convertible car seat steps into our lives.
The sleek and more vertical design of this seat makes it perfect for preschoolers and kindergarten aged children.
The sleek design also can fit 3 of these seat in the same row, for families with multiple children
The radian® rXT keeps children comfortably rear-facing from 5-45 pounds for the safest possible position. Premium, plush head and body support cushions are included for newborns and infants.
Room to grow
Accommodates forward-facing children up to 65 pounds in a 5-point harness and converts to booster mode for kids 50-120 pounds. The aluminum reinforced, adjustable head support and sidewalls provide additional side impact protection.
Connect with Diono
I love how this seat will change into a booster when my daughter gains more weight and needs to go into a true booster style seat. I am thinking this will happen by fall 2018…but who knows with the rate kids grow – it seems so random at times doesn’t it?
As soon as my 5 year old saw this seat she said “Woah! A car seat for big kids!”
MamatheFox’s Favorite Aspects of the Diono rXT
- Safety First! The manual comes with tons of great information, helping you set up the car seat the way you should based on your child’s size
- Learned new information – To learn how car seats keep your child safe check out Parenting Pod. Because my daughter is under 50 but over 40 lbs, I no longer use the latch system with this car seat! I did not know this at all – and I am so glad Diono took the time to inform me of the right steps to take when installing my seat based on what is most safe for my child. For her weight I was to use the seat belt and the rear anchor.
- Easy to buckle in and tighten the straps. One of the main issues parents have with car seats is pulling the straps tight enough. I have struggled, and I mean practically fought with tightening straps properly in other car seats. The Diono rXT has a cool feature that clicks as it tightens. You can feel it click, which makes it much easier to tighten to the correct place on your child’s chest.
- Cup Holder is Removable. The grossest, most odd things can be found in your kid’s car seat cup holder. Having it be removable for deep cleaning is such a perfect and parent loving design.
- Wider hip room for bigger children. Kids are build differently, just as adults are. This seat has a fun feature that allows your children to grow with their seat. The hip area can snap to a lower, wider setting, allowing your child to truly grow with their seat.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."