St Patrick’s Day Sweet & “Simply Horsey” Corned Beef
This was the best corned beef my husband and I have ever eaten. That is saying a lot considering how many exclusive places in Ohio and Chicago we have gotten ‘famous’ corned beef from.
- Corned beef (with pickling spices; should be in with the beef)
- 3 tablespoons of “Simply Horsey” Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 large potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and sliced) OR half a bag of baby carrots
- 1 cabbage
1. Place corned beef and pickling spices in a crockpot with 2 cups of water.
2. Chop carrots, cabbage and potatoes.
3. Cook corned beef, alone, for 6-7 hours on low.
4. Add vegetables in the last 60-90 minutes of cooking time.
5. Remove the corned beef and place in a baking dish.
6. Mix the “Simply Horsey” mustard and honey.
7. Using a spoon or a brush, coat the top and sides of the corned beef.
8. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and sprinkle the brown sugar on top. Bake for another 10 minutes.
10. Serve with vegetables. Enjoy!