It’s possible that every single adult – at some point or another – feels stressed. Life is stressful, and there is a constant need to strive to get out from under the pressure. The problem is that unless you have unlimited cash, there will always be some kind of pressure somewhere, whether it’s through your job or through your family or something else.
We persevere as humans, but sometimes – just sometimes – the stress can feel like a little too much to handle. Life is supposed to be for living, not for crying or curling up in a ball and sleeping it away. It’s for love and friendship and achievement and contentment. Finding all of that is not easy, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t do it. There are several signs that the stress is getting to you in life, and we’ve put together a list of these for you below.
- You get home from a stressful week at work, you’re pouring a glass of red wine with your meal, and you start to relax. And then you have another drink. And another glass. A glass of wine with a meal? Not a problem. However, when your glass of wine becomes a bottle, and that happens more than once a week, it’s a problem. Addiction is easy to spiral into as a crutch when you are feeling stressed out, but that’s where you’ll need the help of a womens addiction treatment center to get you through it. Life shouldn’t be so stressful that you drink into oblivion just to forget, so reach out for help and take it with both hands.
- You’re trying so hard every day to get up and keep going, but the exhaustion pulls you back down over and over again. When we are stressed, our sleep is affected severely, and without a good night of rest, our brains cannot switch off, and the exhaustion can be far too much. The best thing to do is to try to remove the stressors in your life and get a decent sleep every night. It will make a massive difference to the way that you feel.
- How many times have you had a cold this year? The immune system plummets when we are coping with stress, and plenty of studies show that your immune system is severely affected when you can’t get on top of the stress. You need a break, and you need to keep up with your fruit and veggies to get your immune system back to normal again. It takes a battering under the strain, so let’s work on stopping that.
- Stress can make you forgetful. It’s like the brain shuts off to be able to remember what you need to remember and when you need it. It would help if you were careful here, as you could become exceptionally forgetful with things that really shouldn’t be forgotten.
- Did you know that stress can make you hurt? Your body from top to toe may ache from the sheer tension of the stress you are under. When the stress gets too much, you need a massage, some help, to get it under control and feel calm once more.
If you are feeling stressed, reach out for help. It can spiral into some dark places that you would really rather avoid.