These are the perfect bite sized snack for those forever hungry toddlers. Those growth spurts can cause their tiny tummies to be as hungry as a 16 year old boy! Help satisfy your child’s hungry with these healthy, easy and fun snacks.
- 1 cup dry oats (we used Bakery On Main’s Rolled Oats)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Children love to dump in the ingredients. Make a game of counting the ingredients. If they are older work on spelling them outloud and if younger work on colors and textures (smooth, sticky, grainy…)
- Once mixed well place into the fridge for at 30-45 minutes and let cool/set.
- Take out of fridge and roll into small balls
- Kids can help with this task. Rolling takes some skill, so don’t let them become discouraged with how theirs may turn out. If you have a melon-baller spoon this may help with shaping them if their developing fine motor skills are getting them frustrated.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Makes approximately 2 dozen depending on how large you make them.