Levoit Hand Carved Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp

levoit-reviewI’m sure you have heard about them and I’m sure you have seen them, but have you tried one? Levoit has given me the opportunity to test out their Elora Hand Carved Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp. Not really familiar with the science behind Himalayan Salt Lamps, I did my research.

Himalayan Salt has a beautiful pinkish orange color due to the high concentration of minerals. Salt is hygroscopic, meaning it attracts water molecules from the surrounding air. So it is believed that salt lamps can trap dirt, pollen and smoke particles and pet dander which are carried in water vapor. Once attracted to the salt, these microscopic compounds remain on the salt and not in the air where you can breathe them in.

The inside of your hollowed out salt lamp will house a light bulb needed to produce light and heat. You need the heat of the lamp to dry the collecting water vapors to continue the hygroscopic effect. So if your lamp is not on, it’s not working.

salt-lampReported health benefits of Himalayan salt lamps include:

• Improving breathing problems and reducing allergies.
  • Less colds and flu (due to less airborne viruses).
  • Increased relaxation and calmness and less stress.
  • Improved ability to concentrate and work for longer periods around electrical equipment like computers.
  • Fewer headaches and migraines.
  • Reduced symptoms from disorders like rheumatism and arthritis.
  • An improvement in skin diseases.
  • Easier to get to sleep at night.
  • A better overall sense of health and wellbeing.

Not only does it help clean the air, but the heat of the lamp will release negative ions. In a world filled with electronic devices (T.V.s, smart phones, tablets and appliances) electromagnetic (EM) radiation emitted, causing a buildup of positive ions. The release of  negative ions from the salt lamp will help reduce positive ions which can cause chronic fatigue and increase stress levels.

So where should you keep your salt lamp? You will want to keep your Himalayan Salt Lamp close to you so you can take advantage of its beauty,  fresher air and negative ions it generates. On your night stand, coffee table, even your desk at work.levoit-3

While humans gravitate and respond to beautiful colors, it’s believed that the pinkish orange glow of the salt lamp has a calming effect and reduces stress. The soft glow of a Himalayan Salt lamp is perfect for relaxing and can even improve your sleep.

Why Choose a Levoit Himalayan Salt Lamplevoit-2

So I found a list of things to look for when shopping for a Himalayan Salt Lamp and Levoit has them all!

Color – Because Himalayan Salt is a mineral, colors can vary.  The higher quality salt crystals will have richer pink and orange colors. Levoit hand selects all their salt crystals to ensure clarity, shape and color purity.

Size- Levoits Himalayan salt lamps vary in weight from 8-11 pounds. This is ideal for bedrooms, kitchens, offices and small living rooms or lounges. Recommended room size is equal or larger than 10 square feet.

Bulb Wattage- As a general rule salt lamps weighing around ten pounds require a 15 watt bulb. Levoits Himalayan Salt lamp will come with one light bulb installed and one additional bulb.

Base-  Because of the weight of Himalayan Salt Lamps a secure base is needed. Levoits Lamps have a beautiful stainless steel base for maximum safety and to ensure longevity. Levoits stainless steel base is specially designed to absorb evaporating water molecules while guarding the wires from moisture.

Shape- Although a polished stone is pretty you will be reducing the surface area. Lovoits roughly chiseled stone will give you the most benefits.

Bonus features that make Levoit stand out over other brands.

Dimmable Lighting – Levoits Himalayan Salt Lamp as a easy touch control dimmer allowing you adjust the brightness of your lamp to suit your mood. Simply tap to turn on, tap and hold to dim or brighten and tap to turn off.

Beautiful Packaging – Whether you buy this for yourself or as a gift, Levoits Hand Carved Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp comes in a sturdy beautiful red box.

Connect with Levoit

Facebook               Twitter               Instagram               YouTube

My Experience

I have truly been sold on the beauty and calming effect of my Levoit Himalayan Chrystal Salt Lamp. I have place levoit-1mine on my night stand to take advantage of the relaxing glow while winding down for the night. The dimmer control is very convenient and easy to use with a simple tap of the finger. I am able to have the light bright while we are starting our night time routine and slowly dim it as the night goes on. I can leave it on the dimmest setting and use it my night light.

Although I was surprised at how heavy my lamp really is,  it is very sturdy. I do keep my cords tucked away so that my daughter doesn’t pull it off the night stand. I do get sense of warmth from it, but neither the base or the crystal gets to warm to the touch. This is also great if you have little ones who are curious about everything.

Each Himalayan salt lamp is uniquely beautiful making them a interesting and attractive feature to any living space. No matter how many you have, no two will be the same.

Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

32 Comments

• Reply shelly peterson

These are actually very pretty. I didn’t know about all the great benefits these have.

October 20, 2016 at 6:37 am
  • Reply daphne white

Awesome review!! Everyone should have one in their house:)

October 20, 2016 at 12:34 pm
  • Reply Amber Ludwig

Yes!! I adore my Himalayan salt lamp!! Its magical!! I leave mine on 24/7 in my bedroom and I feel like I need one for every room!!

October 20, 2016 at 6:23 pm
  • Reply shannon fowler

I have horrible allergies. I had no clue that these lamps could help with that. Ill definitely have to try.

October 20, 2016 at 11:04 pm
  • Reply Cathy French

I have wanted one of these for a long time mainly because of how cool they look but the health aspects are awesome especially with relaxation and calmness and less stress.

October 21, 2016 at 11:23 am
  • Reply Edye

This lamp sounds awesome! I love all the benefits it has 🙂

October 21, 2016 at 11:40 pm
  • Reply Mary Beth Elderton

This may be exactly what we need to get a better night’s sleep. Besides the health benefits, this is beautiful!

October 22, 2016 at 2:06 pm
  • Reply Amanda lea

This would go great with our natural, earthy decor!

October 22, 2016 at 2:21 pm
  • Reply Julie Waldron

I know they have health benefits but the main reason I like them is because they look cool.

October 22, 2016 at 3:54 pm
  • Reply Mariah

I’ve always wanted one of these for my desk at work. They’re beautiful and healthy!

October 22, 2016 at 10:53 pm
  • Reply Sherrie C.

These lamps are so nice and relaxing. I had a Himalayan Salt Lamp years ago but my son loved it so much he claimed it. The health benefits are great too.

October 23, 2016 at 2:53 am
  • Reply Mary

It’s so pretty! And it might help with my allergies.

October 23, 2016 at 1:14 pm
  • Reply Cms23

Thank you. 🖒

October 23, 2016 at 6:42 pm
  • Reply Audrey Stewart

I have been wanting to get one of these. I have been reading about the Himalayan Pink Salt Block.

October 24, 2016 at 6:53 am
  • Reply Ann L.

I’ve been wanting to try this lamp ever since last year when I suddenly developed terrible seasonable allergies. My husband and I both suffer from bad allergies so we are worried our baby may have the same issues. We would love to win this to incorporate into our home! thank you for the post!!

October 24, 2016 at 4:07 pm
  • Reply tamie w

wow sounds amazing, ive been dying to try one and with reading this review im even more excited to get one!

October 26, 2016 at 8:15 am
  • Reply Elizabeth

These look really beautiful to have in the home. I love the warm colored light.

October 26, 2016 at 10:30 am
  • Reply Darcy Koch

I just learned of a benefit that can really help me in addition to the others. It helps with headaches and migraines. I get frequent headaches and an occasional migraine so one of these would really help me.

October 26, 2016 at 5:19 pm
  • Reply Mary Gardner

I love the health benefits of a salt lamp. This may help with my allergies.

October 27, 2016 at 11:44 am
  • Reply desiree

this i would use ing the day move to the office during the day and bed room at night

October 27, 2016 at 5:39 pm
  • Reply betty league

I just saw one of these Levoit Himalayan Salt Lamp at a friends house…she loves it! I was reading your review about this products health benefits, which is great! I was surprised what a nice soft light it makes in a room. thanks

October 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
  • Reply Terry Poage

I love these. I bought a Salt Lamp Table thing and left it in the bix because we were going to move and now I can’t find it.

October 31, 2016 at 2:55 pm
  • Reply natalie nichols

I keep seeing these and I really want to try one out! They look so neat!

October 31, 2016 at 11:49 pm
  • Reply May Lynn Mahler

so i just thought these always just looked cool, who knew they were actually beneficial too?!

November 1, 2016 at 2:45 pm
  • Reply Heidi M

Ive heard a lot about these lately. I am very interested in trying one

November 1, 2016 at 8:23 pm
  • Reply Dotty J Boucher

I would love to have one of these, I hear they get rid of negative energy and great for cooking also.

November 2, 2016 at 2:30 pm
  • Reply Lauryn R

Himalayan Salt Lamps are absolutely gorgeous! I definitely love the look of them, and the natural air purification is just a huge plus! 🙂

November 2, 2016 at 5:49 pm
  • Reply Jennifer H.

This product is so great. I would like to have this.

November 3, 2016 at 3:06 pm
  • Reply Jill Myrick

I have always found these to be beautiful but to me the health benefits make them even more attractive. My Mom’s allergist even advised her to get and try one to see if they would help with her conditions.

jweezie43[at]gmail[dot]com

November 3, 2016 at 6:38 pm
  • Reply Terry Stevens

This sounds like such an awesome lamp that I really need. I suffer from arthritis, Fibromyalgia, migraine headaches and so much more that this would be a welcome relief. Thank you for the review as I was not aware of all of the benefits that this lamp provides.

November 3, 2016 at 10:47 pm
  • Reply Laura

I think that all these health benefits are very interesting. I would love to see if they actually work. 🙂

November 3, 2016 at 11:39 pm
  • Reply Christine

My son got us two of these for Christmas. We absolutely love them and leave them on all the time. I’ve read many reviews about the benefits of the lamps. I do believe the material of the base is better in this case. I’m not sure that wood is the best material as it absorbs moisture. It is absolutely beautiful and the on off switch is wonderful. I have a chronic migraines and allergies. I can feel a difference in the air and have an easier time breathing. My husband and I have both slept so much better since turning ours on.

January 3, 2017 at 12:44 pm