Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
HALO SleepSack Review
Practicing safe sleep techniques are a huge concern of mine. When I was pregnant with my first child I did loads of research on what to do and what not to do to help prevent SIDS. SIDS is a sad, yet very real occurrence. Anything I can do to try and prevent it I will do. One of the easiest ways is to not use blankets in your child’s crib for at least the first 2 years of life. Some people choose to continue to avoid blankets for an extended time. Instead of a blanket you can use a HALO SleepSack.
Who is HALO?
HALO Innovations is dedicated to putting the health, safety and well-being of babies first. In fact, over 1,300 hospitals use HALO® SleepSack® wearable blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. The HALO family of products, including HALO SleepSacks and SleepSack Swaddles, SwaddeSure and the best-selling HALO BassinestTM Swivel Sleeper, help children from newborn to toddler age sleep better and safer.
What is a SleepSack?
The HALO® SleepSack® wearable blanket replaces loose blankets in the crib that can cover your baby’s face and interfere with breathing. In addition to sleeping safer, it helps babies sleep better, too. It’s a warm cuddly blanket they can’t kick off; ensuring baby sleeps soundly throughout the night.
- Replaces loose blankets for safe sleep.
- Recognized as “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
- Inverted zipper for easy diaper changes.
- 100% Cotton
Safe Sleep Tips:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
When I received my SleepSack to review I couldn’t get over how adorable the design is! We received the Blue Outer Space SleepSack for my 1 year old. Ever since he was born he always sleeps in a SleepSack by HALO. When he see’s me pull it out of his dresser he walks over to our rocking chair and knows it is now bed time. This new collection is perfect for the summer time because it’s a very lightweight cotton. With the cool spring breeze and eventually the A/C, it will keep him at a safe sleeping temperature. Be sure to order a new one for this spring today.
My first experience with HALO was at the hospital which I delivered. I was given a Halo Swaddle SleepSack. It kept my newborns safe and warm in those precious first moments of life. Parents and caregivers might not know about the many sizes and styles which Halo has to offer. SleepSacks are NOT just for infants, but for babies and toddlers too. Please remember to keep the aforementioned safe sleep tips in the front of your mind daily. Feel free to bookmark this page.
MamatheFox will be hosting a giveaway May 2015 for the chance to win (1) HALO SleepSack!
Retail value $26.96 ♦ runs May 15th – May 27th ♦ Open to US & Canada